Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Pasar Santa

"Pasar Santa? What is Pasar Santa?"

Those questions are what popped into my head when people in my Path timeline started checking-in at Pasar Santa. Like seriously, what's the deal with a traditional market in the middle of Kebayoran Baru? I figured out that I'll never know what the hype is all about until I go down to the field myself.

Firstly, the place is an actual market. Like any other ordinary market. The top floor, however, is what makes Pasar Santa different from other markets (a.k.a "pasar").










Quite an interesting ensemble for a market, eh?

Looking around, I saw kiosks selling the most enticing food and drink hybrids and trends rarely available anywhere else in the city. For instance, is it common to hear of hotdogs with black buns, chinese buns filled with taco fillings and served taco-style, or juice served in tiny gallon containers? I doubt it.

So, here's some of what Pasar Santa had in store for me that day.



I had no room for these hotdogs during my visit, so I had to eat them at home. They still tasted AMAZING.


BLACKDOG (sausage, ham, caramelized onions, mustard, cheese sauce), Rp. 35k

BLACKDOG (sausage, ham, caramelized onions, mustard and red flaming hot sauce), Rp. 35k




ZUCKERWAFFLE!

Green Tea Waffle (with green tea ice cream, crunch and rum raisin sauce), Rp. 35k
SUPER GOOD #SOWORTHIT

 
Apparently one of the most talked-about kiosks in Pasar Santa, JUDAS.
Top is Openaach and below is Red Machine, each for Rp. 30k.


Green Madness from Juice Clinique, Rp. 35k.

My first trip to Pasar Santa went really well. I was fascinated by the creativity and vibrance, the beautiful flavours and freshness that combines into one. Never have I ever been to a place like Pasar Santa, and I bet this won't be my only visit.

Pasar Santa
Jl. Cipaku I, Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta Selatan
Jakarta









No comments:

Post a Comment