Friday, April 25, 2014

Introduction

Bonjour! Je suis Steffi Wijaya, 15 ans.

 I am not French.

So, let me start by telling you a story..

I am a high school student who constantly struggled in balancing her demanding school work and enticing love for an awesome-sauce lifestyle. And sadly, I have given in too much of myself to school for the last 3 years - I did not go out that often anymore, dress up that much, or even take simple pleasures of cooking at home. My entire life was defined by only textbooks and homeworks and nothing else. Good academics and rankings were everything. 

While I am lost in this heavy trance of studying and pressure, I realized that I had become strangers with the other side of me that housed an inner persona. A persona that had the abilities to know if the ingredients of a dish just by tasting it and assemble random pieces of clothing into a gorgeous look. A persona that is an expert at engaging conversations about trends and cool eateries.

Earlier today, I was talking to my friends about what I should do outside of school, because I just think that school had consumed my whole life. And school alone isn't enough to define me, and knowing that it had in fact defined me brought me to this state of depression. A friend of mine told me that I should let my other persona's potential grow. Hence, I decided to create this blog.

This blog will be filled with reviews about hip eateries and latest fashion releases, or even my hauls. I am a newbie, and please forgive me if I sound too judgemental or biased on my reviews. Anyway, I am just here to share my thoughts on things I'm passionate about, and hopefully you will find my blog entertaining in some way :)


No comments:

Post a Comment